- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Adobe After Effects is software that can be used to edit dynamic videos and images, create compositions, various effects and animations, Most often it is used for video processing (post-production), creating music videos, commercials, animation, titles and many other elements that require digital video effects.
Features of Adobe After Effects:
- Team Projects is a new collaboration service that is part of Adobe Anywhere technology that allows editors to easily collaborate while editing in real time. With Team Projects, editors and motion graphics artists can work simultaneously on collaborative projects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, and Adobe Prelude CC without the need for additional hardware. Team project data is stored securely in the cloud, and media referenced in the project is stored in local source files or shared proxies with easy access. Team Projects also include special collaboration features such as version control and smart conflict resolution.
- New 3D composition renderer: CINEMA 4D. This After Effects release includes a new 3D renderer that uses Maxon Cinema 4D rendering technology. Now you can quickly create 3D text and logos without the use of special tools, bend the plane, and extrude 3D text and shapes directly in the timeline. The simplified 3D workflow lets you easily control the quality and rendering settings with a single slider, using the same camera tools, lighting, and text animation.
- Increased productivity. Building on the new high-performance architecture introduced in the latest release, this new release provides faster and smarter GPU processing for increased performance and several internal features that speed up operations. Most videos can now be played in real time before applying an effect without waiting for caching to take place.
- More GPU acceleration effect. The performance improvements in this release include more GPU acceleration effects. The following effects are now GPU accelerated: Brightness & Contrast, Edge Selection, Hue / Saturation, Mosaic, Glow, Tint, and Invert.
- Improved workflow for interactive text templates. Currently, you can only share Live Text templates with Premiere Pro users by providing a complete project file with associated assets. In this release, you can save compositions, along with assets, in one shareable file format that contains everything your editor will need. Simply save your composition as a text template using the Composition> Export As Text Template menu item and the editor can use the templates and assets in Premiere Pro.
- Character Animator scenes in After Effects using Dynamic Link. Now you can open a Character Animator scene directly in After Effects or Premiere Pro and maintain an active connection to the original scene in Character Animator using Adobe Dynamic Link. Scene changes made in Character Animator are automatically reflected when you switch to After Effects or Premiere Pro.
- Seamless TypeKit font integration. If you use TypeKit fonts in a composition and share a project with collaborators, any fonts that aren’t installed on their computer are automatically synced when the file is opened.
- New project from template. Now you can create templates with project settings of your own choice, such as color management and folder structure, and use them as the basis for all new projects. This is especially useful when collaborating with other users and freelancers because you can make changes to templates and sync changes using Creative Cloud.
- Freeze the last frame. You can now freeze the last frame of the layer to the end of the composition by using the Freeze On Last Frame command in the Layer> Time menu. After Effects sets the time to remap the mainframe on a layer and extends the layer’s duration to the end of the composition.
- Set marker duration by dragging. Set the duration of the composition or layer markers by dragging out the marker points in the Timeline panel. The marker icon is now divided into two sections to clearly show the entry and exit points of the marker. Dragging the marker across the point changes the time of the marker, and dragging the marker outwards changes the marker duration.
- Default export of QuickTime files created using the Avid DNxHD / HR codec. With After Effects CC 2017, you can export QuickTime files created using Avid DNxHD and Avid DNxHR codecs, without Avid Codec Packs, and without using QuickTime 7 on Windows or Adobe QT32 Server processes on macOS. In the QuickTime Options dialog box (click the Format options button in the Output Module dialog box), you can change DNxHD and DNxHR settings. You can choose between DNxHD or DNxHR (HQX, HQ, SQ, etc.) variants and enable alpha encoding.
- Date and time values in the output file name pattern. The name and location templates for the output module can now be customized with date and time tokens. New Song Name and Date / Time presets help you add date and time in Y-M-D_H-M format to song names.