- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Corel WinDVD Pro is a software that can be used for media players that provide the best picture and sound quality, regardless of the source – be it a home theater, desktop or laptop. Corel WinDVD combines support for multiple media formats, the latest video playback technology, and the unique ability to play DVDs on the move to make it one of the best players in the world. With revolutionary new technology to enhance video and audio, you get the most out of your viewing experience. The video quality is completely controlled by the program and any areas that may be blurry and inaccurate are corrected automatically. Much attention is paid to audio quality. You can change the stereo sound to 5.1 or 7.1 surround. Special features have been specially designed for notebook computers like battery saver and more.
Features of Corel WinDVD Pro:
Outstanding 3D Blu-ray and DVD playback quality on WinDVD Pro:
- Program number 1 for DVD playback. WinDVD Pro is one of the most popular products in the world with more than 250 million copies sold to date. This application is based on the advanced Blu-ray 3D ™ player technology. All popular formats are supported, including Blu-ray Disc ™, BDXL ™, MP4, WMV-HD, DVD and AVCHD ™.
- Blu-ray 3D technology. Watch Blu-ray ™ and Blu-ray 3D ™ movies in 1080p high definition with stunning sharpness and next-generation surround sound. WinDVD Pro supports advanced 3D technologies such as sequential or polarized 3D playback, NVIDIA® 3D Vision ™ shutter glasses and XpanD ™ polarizing glasses, so you can watch movies in 3D the way you want. Supported screen types include NVIDIA 3D Vision, Full HD 3D TV (Frame Sequential, Checkerboard or Line Sequential), HDMI 1.4, and 3D DLP Projection TV. Additionally, free anaglyph glasses are included in the boxed version of WinDVD Pro.
- Convert video from 2D to 3D. The ability to convert movies to full 3D format provides the most realistic viewing experience! WinDVD Pro analyzes the color, location and motion characteristics of 2D video objects to produce stereoscopic 3D images during playback. 2D to 3D conversion is supported for DVD video, standard definition and high definition video files.
- BDXL support. BD-Live technology allows you to use an Internet-connected Blu-ray player to watch movies from the World Wide Web. Additionally, WinDVD Pro now plays BDXL discs, the latest in Blu-ray disc format which will allow you to create 100 GB rewritable discs.
- Optimized 3D mode. Does your computer or laptop have NVIDIA graphics with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology? WinDVD Pro will automatically enter exclusive mode to play high definition 3D video files for optimal viewing.
Additional playback options:
- Improvements in video technology
- Functional rich interface. The app has an easy-to-use and function-rich interface, where all the controls are concentrated in one simple menu. The latest version makes it easy to optimize your browsing experience with new controls – especially for working with playlists. These controls are detailed in the overview guide.
- Tools for working with playlists. Create playlists to watch continuous movies.
- Improved performance and longer battery life. Maximum performance is required to play video material. Optimized for the latest NVIDIA®, Intel® and AMD CPUs and GPUs, the latest version of the Corel DVD app and Blu-ray playback is faster than previous versions. In addition, advanced power saving features for Microsoft® Windows® 7 and Windows Vista® laptops can help extend battery life.
- Smoothing movement. Increased frame rate and interpolation eliminate linkage while moving fast across the screen.
- Eliminate jitter (video stabilization). Stabilization smooths out accidental small camera movements in home videos.
- Converts standard definition pictures to HD. Corel’s proven clarity technology delivers near HD quality for standard DVD playback. GPU sharpening with the acceleration feature works on multiple platforms.
- Bookmarks. Now you can mark your favorite scenes in movies to come back to them later. You can add bookmarks when playing DVD-Video, DVD + VR, and DVD-VR files. You can also open bookmarks that are in the movie.
- Color correction and lighting control. Adjust color and lighting for the best image quality.
- Image Capture / QuickClip. With this function, you can easily save your favorite movie scenes as static photos or animated clips, and then send them to friends via email.
- Enlargement, cutting and stretching. These handy controls let you get a closer look at your favorite scenery.
- Stretching over time. The convenient playback speed control allows you to set the length of the movie, so you can watch the entire movie at the available time.
The widest support for video and audio formats:
- Support for file formats. The application plays files of all popular formats with perfect clarity and brightness, including Blu-ray 3D ™, BD-Live ™, BDXL ™, AVCREC ™, DivX® for Windows® 7, FLV, QuickTime®, Windows Media® (WMV), -Video DVD, MPEG, MTS, M2TS, MKV, MP4, 3GP and more!
- Ambient sound, like in a cinema. Be amazed by the cinema-like surround sound, powered by Dolby® Headphone, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx, Dolby® Virtual Speaker and DTS® Neo: 6.WinDVD Pro provides broad support for the most powerful audio technology available in software Blu-ray ™ player. Plus, karaoke is now supported!
- Special audio effects. There are several listening environments to choose from
- In a normal environment, sound level increases and dynamic range decreases for a more comfortable listening experience.
- For noisy locations, a special environment is provided to increase the audible frequency range.
- Selecting a cinema effect preserves the film’s original dynamic range for the highest quality sound reproduction.
- Configurable regional settings. You can change the optical drive region setting according to disc requirements.