- Posted by:
- Posted on:
DocuFreezer is a software that can be used to convert various files and documents in PDF, JPG, TIFF and PNG formats. Saving documents in various non-editable formats is quite convenient, since it allows you to share important information without the possibility of changing it, but still retains its original format and structure.
The undoubted advantage of this application is its ability to process multiple files at once – it can be spreadsheets, text documents and the same PDF file, while the use of third-party software products is not required.
Thanks to the simple interface with support for Drag-and-drop technology, any user can easily master the work with DocuFreezer, adding files and even entire folders for conversion. All you need is to define the conversion format, specify the storage folder and start the process.
Features of DocuFreezer:
- OCR text from PDF and PNG, TIFF, JPEG images
DocuFreezer can now convert scanned documents, PDFs, images, photos and images to TXT or PDF with searchable text. In this case, the recognized text can then be copied and edited. The following input formats are possible, from which the program can recognize text: PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF. Supported languages include English, Russian, German, Japanese, Spanish and Hebrew.
- Text recognition of AutoCAD drawings and Excel spreadsheets
In addition to recognizing text from images or scanned PDF documents, the updated DocuFreezer version 3.0 lets you recognize text from DWG and DXF images to PDF, as well as from XLS and XLSX tables. Searchable PDF or plain text TXT files are also output.
- What is Document OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a method for converting scanned images into text. When the page is scanned, it is usually saved in a bitmap JPEG or TIFF format. When the image is on the screen, we can read it. But for a computer, it’s just a series of black and white dots. The computer does not recognize actual “words” or characters in images. DocuFreezer can help you turn flat images into letters and symbols.
- Apart from the OCR component, the program has received many other improvements. Now you can quickly convert files in batches, split Excel spreadsheets into separate sheets, add watermarks, and more.
- New output file format supported: TXT
- Ability to split an Excel table into separate sheets
- Ability to save files in monochrome TIFF or PNG
- Ability to add text watermarks
- Ability to process an unlimited number of files per session
- Enhanced components for faster conversion to PDF
- Enhanced components for faster conversion to JPEG, PNG, TIFF
- Better file handling at high DPI resolution
- Improved conversion of EML and MSG email files with attachments to a single PDF
- Improved archive processing with a tiered structure
- Other fixes and improvements