- Posted by:
- Posted on:
EndNote is software that can be used to help work on many types of scientific, technical, and other documents. It allows you to create, organize, and manage bibliographic information. The program is easy to learn and has an intuitive interface on which any user can work. It functions like a library catalog, allowing you to search for information, add new entries, edit and delete existing ones.
This software lets you categorize all your notes into different sections and groups, making it easier and faster to find the book or article you want. Apart from that, it offers a quick search function which will help you find the desired entries by keyword. In this program, you can open a previously created library, or create a new one for a new project.
When adding a new record to a library, information such as type of link, author, year of publication / date of publication, title, volume / section, issue number, page, URL link, ISBN, etc. Indicated. In addition, EndNote allows you to search for material on various public websites, including “Library of Congress”, “LISTA (EBSCO)”, “Web of Science”, etc. With this program you will be able to clearly collect and compile all the material used in the preparation of scientific papers, documentation, reports, etc.
Features of EndNote:
Searching for bibliographic databases on the Internet:
- Search Internet databases using software commands to connect and search.
- Access to hundreds of remote databases including the Web of Science, Ovid, PubMed, Library of Congress, and university map catalogs.
- Compatible with the MARC format supporting library source languages worldwide.
- Search the remote database via the program search window.
- Export direct links from Web of Science, Highwire Press, Ovid, OCLC, ProQuest and others.
- Save and load search strategies.
- Copy links from one EndNote library to another using drag and drop.
Organize links, images, PDFs and other files in the library:
- Creation of an unlimited number of libraries of any size.
- Automatic updating of libraries as new links are added.
- Automatically searches for the full text of articles and downloads them to the appropriate link.
- Save PDF documents and other files.
- Customize link display.
- Preview and edit links.
- Uses 700 import filters for various online database providers.
- Use a glossary.
- Tier sorting by year, edition, title (up to 5 fields).
- Launch programs over the network and share access to libraries from multiple platforms.
Bibliographic list creation:
- Creation of bibliographies in Microsoft Word, Apple Pages ’09 and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.
- Creation of multiple bibliographies in one Word document.
- Use over 4.5 million bibliographic styles or create your own.