TeraByte Drive Image Backup & Restore Suite is software that can be used to back up all data, programs and operating system on your hard drive. Your backups can be saved directly to external USB and FireWire drives, to internal or network drives, and even directly to CDs, DVDs or BDs. This kit includes an easy-to-use MakeDisk wizard for creating bootable recovery discs.
To restore your data, programs, and operating system to the state they were in when you backed them up, simply load a recovery disc and recover the partition or disk you want to recover. It’s very simple. This software, Image for Windows uses technology provided by Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) or PHYLock, an optional component included in the kit.
VSS and PHYLock allow you to continue using your computer as long as the backup is locked at a specific time. This eliminates the inconsistencies that usually occur when backing up partitions in use. Image for Windows runs on the Windows operating system, but can back up or restore any partitions, including DOS or Linux partitions, and even partitions encrypted with third-party software.
TeraByte Drive Image Backup & Restore Suite includes Windows images, Linux images, DOS images, and OSD toolkits. DOS images and Linux images support the same disk image functionality without requiring a running Windows installation.
Features of TeraByte Drive Image Backup & Restore Suite:
- Total Reliability – Provides the ability to check each reserved byte.
- Convenience – Runs directly from Windows and when used with the free PHYLock add-on creates a true image of the Windows partition itself, without requiring a reboot.
- Security – Your backups can be protected with simple password protection or full 256-bit AES encryption.
- Backing Up Changed Data – The Change Backup Only option allows you to back up only data that has changed since the last backup.
- Simple, wizard-based interface – Easy to use the first time, every time.
- Compression – speed or size, available several powerful compression options.
- Maximum Speed - A fast but reliable method used to quickly create backups.
- Support for optical drives – you can save directly to CD, DVD, DVD-DL, BD.
- Bootable disc – every time you save directly to a CD, DVD, DVD-DL, BD, it will automatically become a bootable recovery disc.
- Large disk support – GPT compatible disk with more than 2TB support.
- Recovery of individual files or folders. Using the TBIView and TBIMount free add-ons, you can view the contents of the disk image files and, if necessary, recover individual files or folders on them.
- Compatibility – Automatically recognizes and backs up area partitions used by FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HFS +, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ReiserFS, and XFS. It also recognizes and backs up used areas of ReFS and exFAT partitions using Windows support. Partitions with other types of file systems can be completely backed up. Supports all standard partitions in MBR, EMBR or GPT
- Windows Server – Supports workstation and server versions of Windows.
- Multicast – Supports multicast to reduce network traffic when deploying multiple workstations.
- Cost Effective – Includes DOS images, Linux images and TBOSDT at no additional cost, making it a uniquely complete and affordable disk imaging solution.
- Flexibility – Recover any filesystem partition on recovered partition. This gives you the ability to recover NTFS partitions from Windows 98 or even DOS (just a few examples).
- Support for a wide range of devices – compatible with NVMe, SAS, SCSI, PATA, SATA, USB, IEEE 1394 and more.
- Power – Using a version of Image for DOS or Image for Linux (each included with Image for Windows) gives you the ability to recover your data even if Windows does not start.
- Network support – save backup to any disk accessible by Windows itself.
- RAID support – Works seamlessly with onboard hardware and RAID firmware.
- Command Line Support – Built-in robust full command line support to automate backup or restore procedures.
- Scheduling – Use the built-in Windows scheduler by simply clicking the scheduled backup button.
- Checking image files. Allows you to thoroughly check the integrity of the disk image files during the backup process and any time thereafter. TeraByte imaging products are renowned for their thorough and accurate validation process.
- Recovered Partition Expansion – when recovering images, you can expand the recovered partition to occupy the remaining free space.
- Selectable Image File Size – if desired, you can specify the maximum size of the created disc image file. This allows you to easily create a suitable image file onto the removable media of your choice.
- Hardware Independent Recovery – Restore Windows on a completely different hardware device, then use the TeraByte OSD Tool Suite to install the required drivers to support the new hardware.
- Physical to virtual – scripts are included to automatically convert your physical machine into a virtual machine, either directly or from a backup image.
- Virtual to Physical – Turn your virtual machine into a physical machine using the included script.